Follow us on Twitter @Champion_Rounds

Thursday, December 1, 2011

The Ultimate Fighter 14 Finale




Dave’s Picks

Main Card
Michael Bisping vs. Jason Miller: This is an interesting fight because there are some unknowns. Miller is the major question mark in this fight. He hasn’t fought in over a year, he hasn’t fought any of the same opponents that Bisping has and he hasn’t fought in the UFC in over 6 years. I’m very sure that Bisping will have the superior standup and takedowns. However, Miller should have the better takedown defense and ground game. So, it’s an interesting blend. But if I was Miller I would take this to the ground quick because Bisping will be able to outpoint him to a decision victory. This is five rounds and only Miller has gone that distance before (his fight with Jake Shields). Should be a fun match = Bisping by unanimous decision.

Dennis Bermudez vs. Diego Brandao ("TUF 14" featherweight finale): I called before the beginning of the show that Diego would win the featherweight tournament. He has a great skill set and his only downside is his cardio. However, I don’t know if he will ever be a force in the UFC but time will tell. Dennis on the other hand, I truly believe will find some success in the UFC due to his decent wrestling, as long as he works on his standup. However, Dennis got caught several times by Akira and Diego is ten times better than Akira = Diego by tko in round 2. My Pick for KO of the Night!

John Dodson vs. T.J. Dillashaw ("TUF 14" bantamweight finale): I also called that TJ would win the bantamweight tournament before the show started. A big strong wrestler with decent standup from the Alpha Male camp will always get my vote. He looks and fights like an Urijah Faber or a Joseph Benavidez or a Chad Mendes. I think both Dodson and TJ will be forces in the bantamweight division. Dodson has some insane athletic ability with power in his punches and an incredible low center of gravity; which makes it very difficult to take him down. This fight is a little hard to call but I’m going with my early pick = TJ Dillashaw by unanimous decision. My Pick is for Fight of the Night!

Yves Edwards vs. Tony Ferguson: In this fight anything can happen. Edwards will have the more technical striking and has the experience advantage. Tony should have the striking power advantage. Yves probably has the upper hand on the ground game. Not too sure on this one = Tony Ferguson by split decision.

Johnny Bedford vs. Louis Gaudinot: This should be a fun fight with a lot of good grappling. I think this fight will be based on who gets the takedowns. Bedford had a very hard time getting Dodson to the ground but Louis is no Dodson = Bedford by split decision.

Prelims
Marcus Brimage vs. Stephan Bass: Brimage by KO in round 1.
John Albert vs. Dustin Pague: Pague by submission in round 2. My Pick for Submission of the Night!
Roland Delorme vs. Josh Ferguson: Ferguson by TKO in round 1.
Josh Clopton vs. Steven Siler: Siler by unanimous decision.
Bryan Caraway vs. Dustin Neace: Caraway by split decision.

Sam’s Picks:

Main Card
Michael Bisping vs. Jason Miller: I want to start by saying that I really, really don’t like Bisping anymore. He’s turned into an overconfident, arrogant, and homophobic psycho crybaby. He whines and complains about everything and is a dick to everybody and someone else is a dick to him, he freaks out. He was constantly giving Miller crap and Miller was actually being a nice guy, doing the “I do the talking in the cage” method. Anyway, let’s talk about the fight. Miller has’t fought in over a year which could be a pretty big factor in how this plays out. We don’t know how the ring-rust will have an effect on him. Bisping, though, has come off a heated bout with Jorge Rivera, looking rather impressive. It’s a hard fight to pick but I’m going to go with my gut, which could be a bad idea = Miller by unanimous decision.

Dennis Bermudez vs. Diego Brandao:
Diego is insane, in the bad way. He is an insane fighter but he is literally INSANE. He is possibly the most emotional person I have ever seen. He gets so angry at the drop of a hat. Saying Dennis Bermudez, who is a really nice guy, was talking crap when he wasn’t? I don’t get him but he is a really scary dude. Bermudez has huge heart, he doesn’t give up and he has really good wrestling and standup. I have a really huge feeling that Diego will gas out if it goes out of the first round. Bermudez needs to get this fight to the ground and ride out a decision, not exciting but smart = Bermudez by unanimous decision.

John Dodson vs. TJ Dillashaw: Now this is an exciting fight. Dillashaw was my pick to win the show from the beginning, but Dodson is showing a lot of promise. Dodson is an animal, literally: looks like one, acts like one, fights like one. He has great cardio from what I saw and he has a lot technique and speed. Dillashaw has the strength and power advantage which I think will be the deciding factor in this fight = Dillashaw by split decision. My pick for FOTN!

Yves Edwards vs. Tony Ferguson:
Ferguson looked great in his last fight with Aaron Riley and Yves also looked really good. One of the big deciding factors in this fight is Ferguson’s power because Yves’ chin seems to be waning after that brutal KO loss to Sam Stout = Tony Ferguson by 2nd round TKO. My pick for KOOTN!

Johnny Bedford vs. Louis Gaudinot: This should also be a good fight and I hope to see both of these guys stick in the UFC for a while. They both have a bright future = Bedford by split decision.

Prelims
Marcus Brimage vs. Stephen Bass = Bass by 1st round submission (choke). My pick for SOTN!
John Albert vs. Dustin Pague = Pague by split decision.
Roland Delorme vs. Josh Ferguson = Delorme by unanimous decision.
Josh Clopton vs. Steven Siler = Siler by 2nd round TKO.
Bryan Caraway vs. Dustin Neace = Caraway by unanimous decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment