Follow us on Twitter @Champion_Rounds

Friday, July 13, 2012

CR Exclusive Interview with Roland Delorme!

Roland celebrating after submitting Josh Ferguson  (Photo from thescore.com)

Roland Delorme is an exciting bantamweight in the UFC. His record is 8-1 with all 8 wins being finished. He was a member of The Ultimate Fighter 14 cast and was on Jason “Mayhem” Miller’s team, going against Michael Bisping’s team, in the first season to ever have bantamweights competing. He is now 2-0 in the UFC and has a big fight coming up at UFC 149 on July 21st against Francisco Rivera (for our interview with Francisco Rivera click here). We were able to get a great interview with Roland before his big fight. (Go follow him on Twitter @rolanddelorme1) (CR in bold)

CR: Hey Roland, thanks so much for doing this interview. We look forward to your fight with Rivera.
1) You are fighting Francisco Rivera at UFC 149. Talk about that fight. How do you envision it?
Roland Delorme: I envision myself feeding him right hands like he's hungry. Getting in his face and making it a bloody war. My blood or his blood it doesn’t matter. People want blood and I want to give it to them.

2) What typically goes through your head before each fight?
RD: Before each fight I just try to keep positive thoughts going through my head and stay relaxed, like the calm before the storm.

3) How much are you looking forward to fighting in front of your home country? How will that play out in the fight?
RD: I can't wait to fight in Canada in front of everybody in Calgary. I’m going to do my best to make it an entertaining fight. I see myself winning and being on TV is going to make it that much better knowing all my friends and family back home are watching.

4) You took your last fight on short notice against Nick Denis. How much do you think that hindered your performance, despite the fact that you won?
RD: I don’t think it hindered my performance at all actually. I knew I was going to get smacked around the first little bit and the same is going to happen for this fight. It might take me a bit to pick up on his striking habits but when I do you'll know it. Besides if I don’t get beat up then it’s not really a fight and what’s the fun in that?

5) Talk about your experience on TUF. What was it like training under Jason Miller? What was your mindset following being in the house?
RD: The training in the house was great and Jason (“Mayhem” Miller) seemed very into helping me improve my ground game and all around MMA game; which to this day I appreciate very much. Before I got to the house I wasn’t sure if I could compete on a UFC level but by the time I left I knew I was on that level and not only compete but win and my confidence went through the roof. Now, every time you see me fight I'm getting way better than the last and I want to keep this ball rolling.

6) Following your last two wins, where do you rank yourself among your fellow 135ers?
RD: I think I’m in the top twenty in the world and with a win over Cisco (Francisco Rivera) will solidify that. I don’t live in the past or the future. I live in the now and right now Cisco is all that matters and after that we will see where I sit.

Make sure you watch his fight on July 21st against another rising star Francisco Rivera. It has huge chance at being Fight of the Night! Make sure to follow him on Twitter at @rolanddelorme1

No comments:

Post a Comment