Follow us on Twitter @Champion_Rounds

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

XFC 17: Apocalypse Predictions and Interview with Rising Star Nick Newell!


XFC 17: Apocalypse 
Is Friday April 13th at the Oman Arena in Jackson, Tennessee. Everyone can watch it on HDNet.
It is a card filled with amazing young talent looking to make a name for themselves. It will be a great night of fights and you should all watch it.

                                                                                           Photo by MMAjunkie.com

We were very blessed to be able to get time with XFC 17 fighter Nick Newell. He has made headlines around the world because he only has one full functioning arm and is 6-0 with all of his wins ending in the very first round! He is an incredible talent and he is taking on a serious opponent in Chris Coggins Friday night in Jackson, Tennessee.  
He was incredibly gracious to take time out of his grueling weight cut to talk to us on the phone. He was a great interview and a very interesting guy. Check it out!

Sam: “Hey Nick thanks so much for doing this! So you said before the weight cut was intense how are you feeling right now?”
Nick Newell: “Feel fine…I just have to make weight. It’s a normal (state of) health for me. But I feel fine”

Sam: “So your upcoming opponent is Chris Coggins, what do you believe are his strengths and weaknesses?”
Nick Newell: “He’s a well rounded, explosive and athletic guy. But I’m better than him anywhere the fight goes.”

Sam: “And what have you done in your training camp to prepare for him?”
Nick Newell: “Same thing I do every time I work really hard to get ready. Sometimes it is different from one fighter to the next. Anything that happens will be something I have done a thousand times before.”

Sam: “Do you believe that public opinion has changed about you since you first started to now that you are 6-0 with all of your wins coming in the first round?”
Nick Newell: “Some people support it, some don’t but the fact of the matter is I am 6-0. I have to just keep winning, keep working hard, keep doing what got me to where I am right now.”

Sam: “What is the one thing that really motivates you to get in the cage?”
Nick Newell: “I like it. It is just fun for me. That is why I fight. If it wasn’t fun I wouldn’t do it. No one is making me fight. It is something I choose to do. I train hard and I’m good at it because I train hard and love it.”

Sam: “What is one of the main goals you plan on accomplishing in your MMA career?”
Nick Newell: “You do this sport and you give it everything you’ve got and you need to believe in yourself. If you do, you can be the best in the world. That’s my goal. That should be everyone’s goal.”

We thank you again Nick for taking the time to talk to us. We have been and will continue to root for you in the future. Everyone should keep their eye on this young and very promising fighter.

Now for our predictions!
(The main card can be watched on HDNet)

Sam’s Picks
Main Card
Luciano Dos Santos vs. Eric Reynolds: Eric Reynolds by unanimous decision.
Charles Blanchard vs. Johnny Davis: Blanchard by split decision.
Chris Coggins vs. Nick Newell: Newell by 2nd round heel hook.
Felice Herrig vs. Patricia Vidonic: Herrig by 2nd round TKO.
Jarrod Card vs. Marlon Moraes: Marlon by 3rd round TKO.
Joel Cooper vs. Amaechi Oselukwue: Amaechi by unanimous decision.

Dave’s Picks
Main Card
Luciano Dos Santos vs. Eric Reynolds: Eric Reynolds by unanimous decision.
Charles Blanchard vs. Johnny Davis: Blanchard by unanimous decision.
Chris Coggins vs. Nick Newell: Newell by submission in the 3rd round.
Felice Herrig vs. Patricia Vidonic: Herrig by split decision.
Jarrod Card vs. Marlon Moraes: Marlon by 1st round submission.
Joel Cooper vs. Amaechi Oselukwue: Amaechi by TKO in round 2.

Make sure you tune into HDNet to see this great card! And thanks to XFC and Nick Newell for their participation!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment