Follow us on Twitter @Champion_Rounds

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Interview with BJJ Champion Fredson Paixão

                                                                                     Photo by MMAjunkie.com

Fredson Paixão is one of the world’s best grapplers. He is a 9 time BJJ Brazilian National Champion and a 4 time BJJ World Jiu-Jitsu Champion!!! He also skipped from purple belt to black belt; which has only happened one other time ever. He is also an amazing MMA fighter. He is a former WEC and UFC fighter. We have been huge fans of his for a long time and were very blessed to be able to have a short interview with the grappling master.

CR: “Thank you so much for agreeing to do this interview for us! We have been huge fans of yours for some time. Your BJJ accomplishments are amazing and we have loved watching you compete.”
CR:  “The rumor is you will be competing at the World Jiu-Jitsu Championships again this year. Is that true? “
Fredson: “When I was watching the pans Bjj I was re-motivated to compete. So yes, I am competing in the Worlds Jiu-jitsu Championships this year, and will be looking forward to the tough competition as well as having fun.”

CR: “After the World Jiu-Jitsu Championships are you going to fight MMA again? And if yes, when?”
Fredson: “Right now I am constantly training, working on new things to strengthen my all around fight game. I do plan on fighting after the worlds but, no dates have been established.”

CR: “You have many great accomplishments but which one means the most and why?”
Fredson: “Though I am very proud of all my accomplishments, my greatest one was becoming a new father. It has truly changed my world and outlook on life.”

CR: “What young fighter do you see coming up in MMA that has amazing BJJ skills that everyone should pay attention too?”
Fredson: “MMA requires you to have multiple skill sets in both the stand up as well in the ground game. This is where I made my mistake taking for granted my striking. Now I have learned from my mistake and I am making the necessary changes to grow as a complete MMA fighter.”

CR: “Who is the one guy you would love to compete against in BJJ?”
Fredson: “I don't have any one person I would like to compete against. I just come for War!”
CR: “Thank you so much for your time! And we hope to meet you one day!”

Fredson Paixão was very gracious and we loved communicating with him. His answers were very honest and you can tell he loves his family very much. We wish him the best in all of his future endeavors.Make sure you follow him and show him support throughout his career!!

No comments:

Post a Comment