Follow us on Twitter @Champion_Rounds

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

TUF 17 Contestant Clint Hester's TUF Blog: Episode 1

Hester's TUF profile.

With the newest season of TUF beginning, many were skeptical following the last season, which was probably the worst TUF season so far. It has now brought about a new sleek look, bringing about a cinematic feel rather than the live TV look in the previous years. The fights were explosive and entertaining with lots of technique, something the show has been missing recently.

One of the favorites following the fights to get into the house was Clint Hester, who dominated his opponent Fraser Opie right from the get go. His striking was too crisp and his grappling was too strong. He was so impressive that he was Jon Jones’ first pick.

Now that the TUF 17 pilot has launched, we welcome Clint Hester aboard the CR team for duration of the new TUF season for a weekly blog of his experience on The Ultimate Fighter. Check out this week’s entry:

So the premier of The Ultimate Fighter season 17 aired last night, and all I have to say is amazing! It's cool how they gave it a new look. This whole experience was amazing and I definitely understand the emotions that the episode showed in the hotel room.

 It was crazy just sitting in palace station and waiting for the producers to come get you for whatever they needed you for. You just have time to sit and think and sometimes you can catch yourself over thinking the fight you will have the next day. You can feel yourself panicking because you know absolutely nothing about the guy you will be fighting the next day, but that is just the nature of this beast of a tourney that we have entered.

But I knew personally for me, the minute I walked into the UFC training center I felt like this is where I belonged and I just relaxed, calmed down, warmed up, and went out and left it all in the ring! Just like my other 13 friends that I shed blood sweat and tears with.

 After I fought, it was time to study my future opponents so I sat back relaxed and enjoyed watching the rest of the fights, making a gameplan for every other fighter that got into the house. When the fights were over and it was time to pick teams, my boy "Big Slow" Luke Barnatt was picked first on Sonnen’s team and I was picked first on Jones’ team. It was a great feeling to be picked first but it made me feel like there was a target on my back. And I always feel better for a fight when the pressure is on.

This season will be great! Don't miss an episode or blink an eye because I promise this season will be amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment