Follow us on Twitter @Champion_Rounds

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Amer Abdallah vs. T.J. Gibson Recap


I (Dave) live in Lockport, NY and on Saturday April 14th we went and watched Amer Abdallah defend his AKA light heavyweight title. Sam and I went with my wife and our mother. It was the first time that both our mom and my wife ever went to a live fight. It was a great night of fights with some very good technical striking. Fighters from all over New York and Ontario, Canada came out and battled in either Full Contact or Muay Thai. The main event was held by champion Amer Abdallah vs. former champ T.J. Gibson. Amer was 11-0 going into the fight and Gibson was 14-2. Amer owns and runs the local gym that my wife and I attend. I have spoken to him several times and he is a great guy and a very serious competitor. The fight was a grueling 10 rounder that went the distance with Amer winning 9 out of 10 rounds on two of the judge’s cards while he won 8 out of 10 on the third judge’s card. Amer used his superior reach and kicks to ward off the good clinch work of Gibson. Amer’s footwork and angles gave Gibson fits and it was the jab and head kicks that sealed the win for Amer. Amer is a great guy who has helped some great fighters (like Mark Hominick and Sam Stout) through his Lace Up Promotions and I have enjoyed watching him fight on several occasions and will continue to do so.

Make sure you support your local fighters! This is the core of what makes combat sports great!

No comments:

Post a Comment