Follow us on Twitter @Champion_Rounds

Thursday, June 21, 2012

UFC 147 Predictions



Sam’s Picks

Main Card
Rich Franklin vs. Wanderlei Silva: Two fading legends looking to revitalize their careers will clash this Saturday on possibly the least star studded PPV of all time. I seriously just don’t see Silva winning this. I really don’t. Franklin still has some fight left in him but Wanderlei probably only has about 2 fights left in him after this one = Franklin by 2nd round KO. My pick for KOOTN!

Cezar Mutante vs. Sergio Moraes: both of these guys have a lot of potential but there is one main thing that really makes me lean towards Mutante in this fight, Moraes is a replacement. Mutante won his way to the finals but Moraes lost during the show, Mutante should take this one = Mutante by unanimous decision.

Rony “Jason” Mariano Bezerra vs. Godofredo "Pepey" de Oliveira: Jason was my favorite to win the show when I heard that he was competing on it. Pepey also has a very good chance of winning this fight because his BJJ is very good. I’m going with Jason on this one because Pepey showed some very bad standup, very sloppy and ugly = Jason by 2nd round TKO. My 2rd pick for FOTN!

Mike Russow vs. Fabricio Werdum: Russow is really being counted out in this fight. He is a real threat against anyone in the heavyweight division and is highly underrated. Werdum on the other hand, looked absolutely amazing in his last fight against Nelson. I’m going with Werdum in this fight, but I will not be surprised of Russow wins = Werdum by unanimous decision.

Yuri Alcantara vs. Hacran Dias: Alcantara is probably the biggest under the radar title challenger that I have ever seen. He is a name that almost nobody knows and is a serious threat for the title in the coming year. Dias is going to be a very tough test for him but Alcantara should win = Alcantara by unanimous decision.

Prelims
Rodrigo Damm vs. Anistavio "Gasparzinho" Medeiros = Damm by 1st round submission. My pick for SOTN!
Francisco "Massaranduba" Drinaldo vs. Delson "Pe de Chumbo" Heleno = Pe de Chumbo by split decision. My 2nd pick for FOTN!
John "Macapa" Teixeira vs. Hugo "Wolverine" Viana = Macapa by split decision. My 1st pick for FOTN!
Leonardo "Macarrao" Mafra Teixeira vs. Thiago de Oliveira Perpetuo = Perpetuo by unanimous decision
Marcos Vinicius "Vina" Borges Pancini vs. Wagner "Galeto" Campos = Vina by 3rd round TKO.
Felipe Arantes vs. Milton Vieira = Arantes by 2nd round submission (choke).

Dave’s Picks

Main Card
Rich Frankin vs. Wanderlei Silva: Wow, how did we end up back here? Another major injury to opposing coach Vitor Belfort made Franklin take his place. Rich is used to fighting on short notice because the UFC has asked him to do it many times before. Rich is coming off a very disappointing and boring loss to Forrest Griffin over a year ago. While Silva is coming off a great comeback KO over Cung Le. I say comeback because he was rocked prior to winning. This fight is actually hard to pick for me. The first time they fought they went the distance and Rich won but both of their chins are so bad now and Silva has more power in his fists. I think is Silva lands he could KO Rich but Rich could execute the same game plan as before and still win because Silva never changes his fighting style. This one is hard for me because I can see Rich getting KOed but if Rich can last past a few rounds Silva may fade after awhile because it is 5 rounds. But I can also see Silva being so pumped up because he is fighting in Brazil…geez = Rich by unanimous decision.

Cezar Ferreira vs. Sergio Moraes: Moraes is a great BJJ practitioner and is extremely deadly on the ground. Ferriera has dynamite in his hands and has looked like an animal. This fight is hard to pick for me but I’m going with my gut. = Ferreira by TKO in round 2. My Pick for Fight of the Night!

Rony Mariano Bezerra vs. Godofredo de Oliveira: Rony has looked pretty impressive but so has Oliveira. Rony to me has been the more well-rounded fighter and has an amazing training camp (Nogueiras). So, this could be a close one. = Rony by unanimous decision.

Mike Russow vs. Fabricio Werdum: This fight is pretty interesting. Werdum is rated in the top 5 heavyweights for some people and Mike Russow can be found outside the top 20. But in reality this fight should not be close. Werdum has the skills to put him away quickly. However, Werdum can have trouble finishing guys he should be able to finish and Russow can beat people he should not be able to beat. There is a chance Russow could pull of another crazy victory but voting against Werdum here is just dumb. = Werdum by submission in the 2nd round. My Pick for Submission of the Night!

Yuri Alcantara vs. Hacran Dias: This fight will be amazing. This is the fight that actually makes me want to watch this horrible PPV.Both of these guys are highly entertaining and so much fun to watch. But Alcantara has faced the tougher competition and has beaten them. I think it will be close and I wouldn’t be shocked if it went the other way. = Alcantara by unanimous decision. My Pick for Fight of the Night!

Prelims
Rodrigo Damm vs. Anistavio Medeiros: Damm by unanimous decision.
Francisco Drinaldo vs. Delson  Heleno: Drinaldo by split decision.
John Teixeira vs. Hugo Viana: John by split decision.
Leonardo Mafra Teixeira vs. Thiago de Oliveira Perpetuo: Perpetuo by TKO in round 2.
Marcos Vinicius Borges Pancini vs. Wagner Campos: Pancini By submission in round 1.
Felipe Arantes vs. Milton Vieira: Arantes by unanimous decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment