Follow us on Twitter @Champion_Rounds

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

UFC on FX 6: Sotiropoulos vs. Pearson Predictions



Dave’s Picks
Main Card

Ross Pearson vs. George Sotiropoulos: This should be a fun one. I think Pearson has the more technical standup and has more power but Sots has a much better ground game. In my opinion this whole fight boils down to Sots’ takedown ability. He has had trouble in the past getting guys down or at least not down soon enough.  However, I think Sots can avoid Pearson’s power and grind out a somewhat close decision. = Sotiropoulos by unanimous decision.

Brad Scott vs. Robert Whittaker: Scott seems like a well rounded and decent fighter but Whitaker seems like a killer and I see Whitaker coming out and ending this quick with a highlight reel KO. = Whitaker by KO in round 1. My Pick for KO of the Night!

Colin Fletcher vs. Norman Parke: This fight is a tough pick for me. I really think Fletcher’s ground game might be too much for Parke. Parke does have the wrestling ability to win this but he will have to be defending takedowns left and right. I just think the safest pick here is Fletcher grabbing on to a limb and ending it. = Fletcher by submission in round 2. My Pick for Submission of the Night!

Hector Lombard vs. Rousimar Palhares: I believe that Palhares in the world of BJJ is an beast but in MMA he is one of the most overrated fighters in the middleweight division. Don’t believe me? Look at who he was beaten recently. I think Lombard is smart enough and strong enough to avoid the submission attempts of Paul Harris. I see Lombard dictating the standup and staying out of trouble en route to a boring decision. = Lombard by unanimous decision.

Prelims
Chad Mendes vs. Yaotzin Meza = Mendes by unanimous decision.
Joey Beltran vs. Igor Pokrajac = Igor by unanimous decision. My Pick for Fight of the Night!
Seth Baczynski vs. Mike Pierce = Pierce by split decision.
Ben Alloway vs. Manuel Rodriguez = Rodriguez by submission in round 2.
Brendan Loughnane vs. Mike Wilkinson = Wilkinson by split decision.
Cody Donovan vs. Nick Penner: Penner by split decision.

Sam’s Picks
Main Card

Ross Pearson vs. George Sotiropoulos: These TUF coaches’ fights are really difficult to pick. Both of these guys are in a bit of a slump at the moment, but more so for George, who is coming off losses to Dennis Siver and a KO at the hands of Rafael dos Anjos. Pearson himself is coming off a TKO loss to Cub Swanson. It’s kind of a striker vs. grappler matchup but they’re both well rounded. Pearson’s striking is very technical and fast but Sotiropoulos’ ground game is extremely slick. It’s going to be a very close fight but I see a late submission win for the Aussie = Sotiropoulos via 4th round submission (choke). My pick for SOTN! My 2nd pick for FOTN!

Brad Scott vs. Robert Whittaker: Dave nailed this right in the head in my opinion. Scott is definitely a good fighter, but Whittaker’s blitzing attack will be too much. Remember Whittaker’s name, he has a very bright future = Whittaker via 1st round KO. My pick for KOOTN!

Colin Fletcher vs. Norman Parke: This one is much tougher for me to pick than the other final. Parke is very strong and pretty well rounded but Fletcher is just the better fighter. Parke has good wrestling but he sticks his head in for a guillotine and that is Freakshow’s specialty = Fletcher via 1st round guillotine choke.

Hector Lombard vs. Rousimar Palhares: This could be a fight between the two most overrated fighters in the UFC today. But Lombard may not be overrated. His all-around game is fantastic while Palhares is really just a one trick pony. Paul Harris also lacks toughness; you hit him with a solid punch and he turtles. Lombard will make up for his last fight with this one = Lombard via 1st round TKO.

Prelims
Chad Mendes vs. Yaotzin Meza = Mendes via unanimous decision.
Joey Beltran vs. Igor Pokrajac = Igor via unanimous decision. My 1st pick for FOTN!
Seth Baczynski vs. Mike Pierce = Pierce via split decision.
Ben Alloway vs. Manuel Rodriguez = Alloway via 3rd round TKO.
Brendan Loughnane vs. Mike Wilkinson = Wilkinson via unanimous decision. My 3rd pick for FOTN!
Cody Donovan vs. Nick Penner = Donovan via split decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment